Thursday, May 20, 2010

How do you protect the "Urge within?"

One of the things on my mind much of the time when thinking about community building is how to continue my own personal motivation for making a difference and how to spark and sustain that motivation in others.

Today, the Harwood Institute put out a small video slice from Rich Harwood about the importance of this "urge within" and I did want to share that through this blog.

Just the other day there was a meeting of a economic task force, sub group, interest group -- for the city. I put down all the names someone might call it. As I sat listening to the people involved I was again amazed at all of the people adding their talents to help make Hartsville an even greater place. There were many other places most of them could have been but they were around the table using their talents and creativity to think about how to make Hartsville better. We are fortunate in Hartsville that we still have a great many people who will work to help make a difference. If a community is going to grown -- you all are needed to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment