Friday, January 23, 2009

Wish I could make this event

On Thurs, Jan. 29 Burry Bookstore and Black Creek Arts Center are co-hosting a book and author supper from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Supper will be held in the gallery at Black Creek Arts Center. Co-authors Aida Rogers and Tim Driggers from Sandlapper Magazine will be sharing stories from their book entitled, “Stop Where the Parking Lots’ Full.”

A few days ago I heard a partial interview with these authors on ETV radio and they were really interesting. This is one of those things that I think falls into the category of "pleasant surprises" in the Hartsville, South Carolina area. I teach on Mondays and Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:50 in Coker's evening program or I would be attending this event, which was highlighted in today's "Chamber connection. An event like this is possible in our community because we still have a small, community bookstore Burry Bookstore, and it is one of the valuable businesses in our community. And, how many small cities in South Carolina have a resource like Black Creek Arts Council? None that I know of.

No comments:

Post a Comment